Netgear EX8000 Extender Setup | AC3000
Follow the below-given steps to setup Netgear EX8000 extender AC3000 using the WPS button:
- Plug your EX8000 near the main router.
- Once you have a power LED light on the extender.
- Push the WPS button on your AC3000.
- Now go ahead and push the same button on your wireless modem.
- You will see the WPS light blinking on both devices.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, until the light stops blinking on your devices.
- You will see all the LED lights go solid on the WIFI booster.
- You have now successfully setup the Netgear EX8000.
- Unplug it and plug it in to your desired location.
How to setup Netgear EX8000 AC3000 Nighthawk Mesh Extender?
- To begin the Netgear EX8000 extender setup.
- Plug the AC3000 into the power outlet.
- Wait for the power LED to turn solid white.
- Now get on to your laptop or a cell phone.
- And connect your device to the “Netgear_Ext” wireless network.
- Once connected, open a web browser i.e. Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- And type www.mywifiext.net on the address bar.
- You are now on the Netgear EX8000 Nightwak extender setup page.
- Click on the button and create a Nighthawk Mesh account.
- Follow the on-screen steps to link your extender to your home WIFI network.
Netgear EX8000 Firmware Update
Firmware updates will enhance the performance of AC3000 EX8000, fix bugs, and improve the security of your Netgear extender. So Netgear rolls out the new firmware for every device. So in the below-given list, we will be going to describe how to check if there is any version is available for your device, from which you can make sure your device is always running on the new version.
- Firstly connect your wireless device to the EX8000 network.
- Open a web browser i.e. Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- And type mywifiext.net on the address bar.
- Enter your username and password. And “Sign in” to your account.
- Click on the “Settings” option and then click on “Firmware Update“.
- And now click on the “Check” button to see if there is any version is available for your device.
- So if there is any new update is available, it will show you on the screen.
- Click on “YES” and it will now start downloading the latest version on your AC3000.
Note: Please do not unplug or turn off your wireless booster when the new version is downloading on your device. It will make your device corrupt or remove the previous settings on your wireless extender.
Netgear EX8000 Nighthawk Reset
Most of the time when a user changes his internet provider or buys a router/modem. They forgot to connect their extender to a new router or modem. So here we will be going to explain to you the steps to how to reset your EX8000 AC3000 Nighthawk extender from which you can connect your booster to the new network.
Follow the below the given steps to reset Netgear EX8000:
- Plug your Nighthawk into the power outlet.
- Wait for the EX8000, power light to go steady green.
- Now use a paper clip or a toothpick.
- And push the reset hole for 10-15 seconds.
- You will see the steady green light goes to amber.
- If you see only the power light on the wireless booster.
- It means the Netgear EX8000 is now reset.
Follow the Netgear Nighthawk extender setup instruction, to connect your booster to a new or old wireless network. If you face any issue while resetting the AC3000 Nighthawk, feel free to get in touch with our chat support team.